Learn to Skilfully Communicate with your Partner & Decrease Conflict
Committed relationships are difficult. For many of us, our communication difficulties can lead to upsetting conflict. Over time, this hurts the relationship as partners often lose trust in each other and decrease their desire for emotional closeness and sexual connection. Prolonged, unresolved conflict and repeated cycles of blame can even result in the relationship ending.
This course is designed to make sure that your relationship can not only survive but thrive. It will help you to understand your own relationship and develop the skills needed to improve communication so that you both become happier and more connected.
This is achieved by working through modules, which involve:
- Exploring how our capacity to relate to others (our relational wiring) is shaped by our early childhood experiences.
- Understanding our own relational wiring and why we become reactive to certain triggers with our partner.
- Understanding how our relational wiring can lead to conflict and hurtful communication between partners.
- Understanding how our ego impacts conflict in couple relationships, and how this is linked to feeling safe or unsafe in our relationship.
- Developing the necessary skills to calm down during conflict or preventing it.
- Developing Couple Mindedness, an essential component for decreasing conflict and improving communication with our partner.
- Developing the skills for respectful communication and improve listening, curiosity, respect, and empathy.
What You Will Learn
This course will help you gain new insights into yourself and how you relate to your partner, focusing on behaviours and motivations which can present challenges. Learning to communicate with your partner caringly, respectfully, and skilfully is essential for a happy relationship.
Our Other Courses
We provide a range of other courses to help you work through difficulties and concerns in your relationship. Our courses are thoughtfully designed to help you achieve the best outcome for your relationship.